At Temple Chai, we are all learners.
Our school provides learning experiences for Preschool through 12th grades and facilitates multiple adult learning opportunities throughout the year.
We are excited to announce - new this year - our brand new one-day-a-week Religious and Hebrew school model for our third to sixth grade students!
DISCOVER THE ADVANTAGES OF A ONE-DAY-A-WEEK RELIGIOUS SCHOOL MODEL
Spirited Jewish Community
Immersive Opportunities For Learning
Space and Time To Develop A Strong Jewish Identity
More Time For Family
By the time students finish 12th grade, they will have knowledge of, and experience with, each of the following learning areas:
Personal Jewish Identity Development
- Seeking Jewish answers to life’s questions
- Personal Connection to Israel, God, and Jewish Peoplehood
- Personal, family connection to Jewish history
- Yiddishkit: cultural vocabulary, local traditions and practices
- TaNaCH (Torah, Prophets and Writings)
- Reading Torah, exploring Torah stories, how to find commentary on a given portion, and to write and deliver a D’var Torah (words of Torah)
- Holidays and Festivals
- Traditions, practices, and celebrations throughout our Jewish calendar
- T’fillah (prayer)
- Reading of prayers, understanding of prayer theme, order of prayer service, leading a service for peers
- Hebrew decoding/ reading, translation and understanding of the grammatical root structure
- Jewish History
- Major time periods, themes and milestones
- Informed Choice of Reform Judaism and knowledge of other streams of Jewish ideology
- Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), taking actions that improve our world and our community.
Check Out What Our Students Have Been Up To!